There are a lot of contractors out there. You want to be sure you hire one that is going to do the job right. Before you start your project, you should talk to a few contractors and get estimates from at least three of them. Don’t just jump at the lowest price. There are other very important factors to consider when you are choosing a HVAC Contractor. Don’t fall into the trap of paying less for the job and paying through the nose in utility and fuel bills or repairs.
Here are 5 important things your should consider when selecting a HVAC Contractor.
- The contractor you choose must be licensed.
- The contractor you choose must carry insurance for liablity and worker’s compensation.
- A quality HVAC contractor should be performing heat loss calculations. They should spend considerable time assessing the sizing needs for duct work in order to design and build a systems that is efficient and quiet. They should routinely perform air duct testing to ensure that there is little or no air leakage. This is takes a little more time and effort but it is critical for economical and efficient operation.
- They should stand behind their work and provide you with a warranty for parts and labor.
- They should offer an annual service contract and emergency service to keep your system running at optimum levels over the years to come.
At KD Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. We have all of these points covered. Talk to us about your project before you choose a HVAC contractor. Call us today at: (508) 990-9525.